Steamed Salmon

Friday, January 21, 2011




Steamed salmon which was a commonly sighted dish in Hubby's parents dining table. MIL version for her steamed salmon was with garlic and soy sauce only. Thus I am motivated to make and prepared this dish in our own home sweet home too with my very own version. I had added some mushroom into the fish too. Now let me confess one thing here; I am starting to feel regret of buying a big bottle sized of fish sauce last year. It was sitting at my kitchen for a LONG LONG time and it's expiry date is approaching in end March this year. Thus I am determined to try my level best to finish up the fish sauce as much as I could. So guess what seasoning that I had used for the steamed fish here.... Yeap yeap - fish sauce again. What to do rite, I need to prevent ingredient wastage in my kitchen. :)

Ingredients

1 salmon fillet
5 cloves garlic, diced
1 stalk spring onion, cut 1 inch length
3 mushroom, soaked and sliced
2 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp water
1 1/2 tsp sugar

Methods
  1. Wash and pat salmon fillet dry. Place on a plate and into a steamer.
  2. Steam for 5 minutes. Throw away any fishy water from steaming.
  3. Add in mushroom and garlic on the fish.
  4. Mix fish sauce, water and sugar. Drizzle on top of the salmon.
  5. Add in spring onion. Steamed for 10 minutes or till the flesh is flaky.
  6. Serve hot.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP