Spicy Brinjal with Minced Meat in Fermented Bean Paste

Thursday, January 27, 2011


Brinjal or eggplant was something that I never like since small. However during my uni days in KL, I had started to grow fond with this plant. One of the reason which influenced me during that time was as a student, we will normally have mixed rice as our lunch. Can you imagine patronizing the same mixed rice stall daily, seven days a week, having the same type of vegetable. Yeap, I bet you can picture the horror too. Thus I need to explore more other varieties of vegetable dishes or else I ought to 'die' of 'jelak-ness' which resulted in me falling in love with brinjal. For the brinjal non-lovers out there, do give them a try. You might fall in love too with them, just like me.

Ingredients

2 brinjals, cut into 2 inch chunks
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp minced pork
2 tbsp chili prawn sauce
2 tbsp fermented bean paste (taucu)
1 stalk spring onion, cut 1 inch length
salt and sugar to taste

Methods
  1. Heat oil in wok. Deep fry brinjals for a minute. Dish up and drain excess oil.
  2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok. Add in garlic. Stir fry till fragrant. Add in minced pork, fermented bean paste and chili prawn. Stir fry till cooked.
  3. Add in salt and sugar to taste. Lastly add in spring onion. Give a good stir and dish up.
  4. Serve hot.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP