Chicken with Potato

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chicken with potato was a must have dish for me when I was small. I love the aromatic gravy, the crumbly feeling of the potatoes every time I take a bite of it. Mummy used to prepare this for us as we can basically just have this alone with rice. Slurrp slurrp... It was always 'nasi tambah lagi' for me every time I had this. This time it was no exceptional at all. Hubby commented that I seems to have more rice yesterday when I prepared it for our dinner. Calories counter going up here... SOS SOS... I guess I just loved to eat... Piggy piggy me.. *paiseh paiseh*





Ingredients

500g chicken - chopped into pieces
5 shallots - sliced
4 cloves garlic
11/2 inch ginger, sliced
3 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
5 whole cloves
1/4 cup Shaoxing wine
2 cups water
3 potatoes - cut into chunks
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
salt to taste
sugar to taste

Marinade
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp white pepper

Methods

  1. Mix together chicken pieces and seasonings, leave to marinade for about 30 minutes or best overnight in fridge.
  2. Heat up in wok. Add shallots,stir fry until soft and aromatic.
  3. Add in ginger and garlic, stir fry until aromatic.
  4. Add in in star anise cinnamon, garlic cloves, stir fry until aromatic.
  5. Add chicken pieces, fry until chicken is slightly browned.
  6. Pour in Shaoxing wine and simmer awhile.
  7. Add in potatoes and just enough water to cover all ingredients.
  8. Let it simmer until gravy is thickened (about 30-45 minutes). Thicken with cornflour mixture.
  9. Season with salt and sugar to taste.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP