Winter Solstice 2010

Friday, December 24, 2010

22nd December 2010 - was the Winter Solstice for the Chinese. During the old days, families will gather around to have their reunion dinner as it was said to be the most important day in the Chinese Lunar calendar. But in the modern days. I guessed this was not popularly practice anymore as people are busier nowadays and often this date falls in the middle of the week where working ones can't make it back to their respective home town. I had tried to practice and celebrate this dinner in KL even though we can't go back to be with our parents. This year I had invited a few friends to join us (Hubby and I) for dinner. At least we celebrate it with friends while we are away from home. We get to eat some Tong Yuen and spend some time with each other.

Ready made Tong Yuen - for lazy people like me.

I had used brown sugar for the syrup instead of normal white sugar. Added Osmanthus as well.

The feast I had prepare - minus the Satay on the table.

Happy Winter Solstice 2010!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP