Satay Peanut Sauce

Monday, August 30, 2010

My first attempt of satay peanut sauce. Loved the flavoursome peanut sauce. Yummy!!

How could I not try my hand on making my own satay peanut sauce as I am already preparing the satay on my own. You can read about the satay recipe here. I had made some amendments from the original satay peanut sauce recipe as I felt it was not spicy enough for my liking.


Ingredients

3 cup dry roasted peanuts (unsalted)
2 cup water
3 tbsp sweet soy sauce @ kicap manis
2 1/2 tbsp sugar (palm sugar preferred)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
4 heaped tamarind pulp (soaked in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes, squeeze the tamarind pulp for juice and discard the pulp)

Spice Paste:

24 dried red chilies (seeded and soaked in warm water)
6 cloves garlic
6 shallots
4 lemon grass (white parts only)
2 inch ginger (galangal preferred)
2 tbsp coriander powder (optional)

Method

  1. Crush the peanuts coarsely with mortar and pestle or blender and set aside.
  2. Chop the spice paste ingredients and blend until fine.
  3. Heat oil and fry the spice paste until aromatic and smell spicy.
  4. Add the peanuts, tamarind juice, water, sugar, sweet soy sauce and stir thoroughly.
  5. Simmer in low heat while continue stirring for about 3 minutes until the peanut sauce turns smooth. Serve at room temperature with the satay.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP