Beancurd and Roasted Pork in Claypot

Wednesday, October 28, 2009



That's the final batch of the Siew Yoke that has been kept in my freezer for quite sometime. Phew! Finally I had finish cooking all of them. So for this round, we had something different - Beancurd with Siew Yoke in claypot. I had placed the claypot on the stove too long thus overcooked the honey peas as shown in the pictures. They were slightly darker in colour. I was hoping to make the carrots softer but totally forgotten that the honey peas were easily cook. Thus, I should have placed them the last if I wanted to make the carrots softer and yet not overcooking the honey peas. If you were not that fussy as I am, the cooking time should take around 2 minutes only. I think I took more than 5 minutes plus - hence the end results, honey peas overcook.

Ingredients

2 eggs beancurd
1 tsp garlic, chopped
5 slices ginger
100g prawns, deshelled
100g Siew Yoke (roasted pork), sliced
100g honey peas
50g carrots, sliced
175ml water

Seasoning
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp corn flour with 2 tbsp water, thickening


Methods
  1. Deep fry beancurd in hot oil till golden brown. Dish and drain.
  2. Heat up 1 tbsp oil in claypot, saute chopped garlic and ginger till fragrant.
  3. Add in prawns, Siew Yoke, carrot, honey peas and stir well.
  4. Add in seasoning, beancurd and cook for 2 minutes.
  5. Thicken with corn flour water and remove from heat. Serve hot.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP