Peanut Pancake Roll

Saturday, June 27, 2009





I always love peanuts since small. Peanut butter, braised peanuts, roasted peanuts - you named it, I loved them. So when I saw this particular recipes, I am very tempted to give it a try. The preparation was pretty simple but making the pancake needs some skills. Some of the pancake I made using my wok failed coz I didn't flip the pancake fast enough. So ended up some of the pancakes having some holes here and there. Nevertheless, they still taste good with the nice aromatic peanut flavour. Yumz....

Ingredients

Filling:
200g peanuts
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp oil

Pancake:
180g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
400ml water
1 tbsp oil


Methods
  1. Remove peanuts' skin and pound coarsely. Add in caster sugar, oil and mix well.
  2. Fry peanuts in wok until golden brown and aromatic.
  3. Put all pancake ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix into smooth batter and drain. Rest for 10 minutes.
  4. Heat up a little oil in a non stick wok, pour in some batter and swirl into a thin, round shape pancake. Use the same method to finish all the batter.
  5. Put some peanut filling onto pancake and roll up like spring roll. Serve.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP