Chinese Style Steamed Fish

Saturday, June 27, 2009

This is my first time steaming and preparing a whole fish. If u realised from all my posts, I never really prepare any fish dishes. I always have the phobia of trying out fish dishes because I don't really know how to clean and cut them properly but since nowadays the fish mongers normally will clean the fish as when we buy them, it definitely makes my life easier. So now the tricky part for me is to make sure I clean the fish properly. So for our dinner tonight, we have hot steaming fish. ^Burp^





Ingredients

1 Tilapia fish, (any type of fish)
3 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
3 stalks spring onion, chopped
3 stalks Chinese parsley, chopped
2 thumb sized ginger, sliced
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp sesame oil
75ml water

Methods
  1. Heat up sesame oil. Saute chopped garlic, ginger and shallots until fragrant. Add in spring onion, Chinese parsley, oyster sauce and salt. Add water and stir well. Dish up and set aside.
  2. Cleaned the fish. Sprinkle a bit of salt on the fish. Arrange on steaming tray. Steam fish at high heat for approximately 10 minutes.
  3. Remove the fish and pour away the water.
  4. Pour the parsley and spring onion sauce on the fish. Steam at high heat again for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked. Remove and serve hot.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP