Wanton Udon Soup

Saturday, May 9, 2009


For our dinner today, we had something simple but yet very fulfilling. I had wrapped some 'wanton' and used udon to make this dish. I am using the filling recipe for the 'wanton' that I had used for preparing Siew Mai in my earlier post. For the soup, I have used chicken stock and also anchovies to give the broth a deliciously rich flavour and of course I have added in some vegetables (romaine and tomatoes) too.


Ingredients

Wanton Filling
- refer to my earlier post

Soup Ingredients
2 tbsp chicken stock
handful of anchovies
white peppercorn (optional)
salt to taste
dash of sesame oil
romaine and tomatoes, sliced or any vegetable you desired
1 pack udon
1.5 l water

Methods

  1. Mix well filling ingredients until elastic.
  2. Scoop filling into wrapper and brush a little water at end and fold together.
  3. Bring soup ingredients to boil for 15 minutes, and drop in the 'wanton' and udon.
  4. Lastly only bring in the vegetables and cook for a few minutes.
  5. Serve hot and garnished with chilli powder.

2 comments:

s. stockwell said...

We love your posts. we want to learn about this light and healthy style. best, s

Anonymous said...

Looks scrumptious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP