Shrimp and Belacan Fried Rice

Friday, May 29, 2009

Since we had leftover rice from yesterday's dinner. We had simple fried rice for dinner tonight. Last few weekend when I was back at hometown, I had tasted belacan fried rice. I can't stop thinking of that fried rice. So to satisfy my craving for it, I decided to try out making this belacan fried rice on my own. Sadly, the taste wasn't as great as the one I had in the restaurant. Nevertheless, it's still taste good but I think my fried rice lack of 'wok hei'.



Ingredients

3 cups of rice (preferably overnight)
6 prawns, shelled and deveined
2 crabsticks
3 tbsp green peas
3 tbsp corns
1 chinese sausage, sliced
1 tbsp garlic
2 tbsp of belacan granules

2 tbsp dried shrimps
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp chicken stock granules
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp sugar
oil for cooking
lettuce leaves for decoration



Methods
  1. Heat one to two tablespoons oil in a wok, pour in eggs and fry until properly cooked. Dish out and put aside.
  2. Add two more tablespoons of oil and saute garlic and dried shrimps till aromatic. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir-fry well. Pour rice and seasoning in and continue to stir-fry well. Add in the scrambled eggs.
  3. Dish out and serve on lettuce leaves.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP