A Blast From The Past

Monday, May 18, 2009

As we were shifting place, there's a lot of forgotten stuffs that came to light again. When I saw Daddy riding the Vespa that day, it brings back all the memories when I was small. He used to bring me along for a short ride when I was pestering for 'kai kai'. The Vespa was basically older than I am. Hubby took me for a ride on the Vespa. It certainly bring back those childhood memories. It seems like just yesterday I was on the bike with Daddy. Hubby even commented that the bike is in a better condition than the bike he have back in KL. Can you imagine how lasting the stuffs back in the old days where a 30 years plus bike better than a 9 years old bike.

Photobucket

Precious Vespa

The second item that is worth to post will be a ROBOT toy we had when we were small. I guess when we were small, we were quite fortunate coz our parents were willing to fork out money for our toys. This robot actually can move with some pictures being display on his tummy. Sure it was an 'IN' toy during our days. The condition of it was still so GOOD. We (my sis and I) were obedient children back then. All toys were kept in tip top condition.


Photobucket

Looks like brand new ya...

Photobucket
His eyes seems like can 'talk'

Photobucket
His legs still stands strong after years

Photobucket

I am going to conquer the world... ^Grin^


I have a picture here. Can you guess what is this?? No idea?

Photobucket


For those who smokes, I think you'll roughly have an idea what is this. It was actually strips from boxes of cigarettes - DOUBLE ACE brand. My Ah Ma (Grandma) was a smoker back then. She used to cut up the boxes and weaved it to become basket. I remembered of helping out cutting the cigarette boxes to strips for her. So innovative right? Mum still keeps it, and the baskets were seen on the living room. So I can't resist but snapped pictures of them.

Photobucket

Hand woven basket made from cigarettes box
Another 'rare' thing in my house will be a cute looking 'jukebox' sitting at the tv cabinet. This 'jukebox' is actually a radio. I think my parents got it as a freebie after purchasing lots and lots of Guinness. Wakaka....

Photobucket

This cute 'jukebox' is still functionable..

Photobucket

Time for advertistment.. Guinness.. LOL..

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP