Oreo Truffles Candy

Sunday, June 1, 2008





Oreo again. Since I had bought an extra packet of Oreos last few weeks for my cheesecake, I had decided to surf the Internet for recipes related to Oreo. And this particular recipe caught my eyes. Initially I thought that it will be kinda easy to make but once I placed my hand on it, I realised that it doesn't really seems easy at all. Patience, patience and patience, that is one of the extra ingredient that we need when it comes to make this truffles. I had a hard time dipping the Oreos into the melted chocolate and hence, my end product is not those 'good looking' truffles. Nevertheless, the taste of the Oreo Truffles are simply heavenly and sinful. I will try definately try this recipe again and hopefully for the second time, I'll managed to get some 'handsome' and 'beautiful' truffles on my plate.


Ingredients

300g Oreo cookies
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 oz. white chocolate, melted


Methods
  1. Finely crushed the Oreo cookies in a food processor or a ziploc bag.
  2. Stir the finely crushed Oreo with softened cream cheese until the candy is well mixed.
  3. Use cookie cutter to form your desired shaped truffles or roll in between your hands until they are round.
  4. Place the truffles in the refrigerator to firm up for about 1 hour.
  5. Melt chocolate and dipped the formed truffles, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
  6. Add sprinkles on the tops. Repeat with remaining truffles, and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened.

Comments: U have to constantly stirred the melted chocolate and dipped the truffles fast in order to avoid the chocolate to become hard. I had mine to slow, hence it end up kinda messy.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP