Fresh Mushrooms and Chicken Pau

Wednesday, June 18, 2008




Today, I am trying a recipe of Pau from a cookbook on Dim Sum that I had bought from a bookstore recently. The filling are easy to prepare but the real challenge comes in when I am wrapping the filling to form the shape of Pau. It is not an easy task for me at all. Guess, I am not those ones who are gifted with a pair of skillful hands. Since my time are kinda limited, I had opted for the Quick Dough for making the skin for the Pau which I felt that is kinda hard after the Pau had been steamed. Therefore, I'll be using other recipe for the skin during my next round of making Pau.


Ingredients

Skin
500g self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
100g castor sugar
3 egg whites
1 tsp white vinegar
3 tbsp shortening
100ml fresh milk/ water

Filling
300g chicken meat, sliced
100g fresh mushrooms, sliced and blanched
1 pair of chinese sausages, steamed and sliced
2 tbsp diced spring onion (I didnt used since I don't fancy it)

Seasoning
1 tsp salt
3 tsp castor sugar
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
t tsp chicken stock granules
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp oil


Methods

For the skin
  1. Mix all the ingredients together and knead into a smooth and pliable dough.
  2. Cover with a wet cloth and allow dough to rest for 30 minutes before shaping.
  3. Divide dough into 24 portions and shape into balls.

For the filling

  1. Mix chicken meat with the seasoning, add all the rest of the ingredients in and mix well.
  2. Lastly add corn flour and oil. Divide into 24 portions.
  3. Flatten the skin and wrap filling in the shape of a Pau. Steam over high heat for 15 minutes until cooked. Remove and serve hot.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP